Thursday, December 26, 2013

Raw Vegan Taco Salad

This past summer I went on a kick where I tried to eat as raw as possible. Thought I was going to stick with it for a long time, but it got a little time consuming once my new job went into full swing. (Currently on the hunt for delicious, fast, raw/really healthy lunch recipes)

Anyways, below is a sort of recipe for a taco salad that I made. You'll notice that there's some white creamy stuff in the picture.. that was supposed to be cashew sour cream. Didn't turn out that great though and I don't really remember what I put in it. Also, I'm really not accurate when it comes to recipes, and the below measurements are estimates. Feel free to adjust to your preferences!
Taco "meat"
About one cup of walnuts, soaked in water overnight
2 tablespoons of chili powder (I like it spicy)
Few dashes of cumin
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of oregano
Some garlic/onion powder to taste

Put ingredients for the taco meat into a food processor or blender and blend until the walnuts are broken into tiny pieces. Be careful not to blend for too long!

Salsa
I have used a few different recipes, here I just chopped up tomato with some red onion, cilantro, and a jalapeno. Some lime adds a nice touch.

Guacamole
Again, you can use any recipe. I usually just mash an avocado and mix in some salsa/Pico de Gallo.

Once you have all of these elements prepared, simply put desired amount of each over lettuce (I used romaine). This recipe lasted me about two meals. Let me know if you have any adaptions of this that you have tried! Or a better raw sour cream recipe..


No comments:

Post a Comment