Thursday, December 26, 2013

Almost Raw Nori Rolls

I have always loved sushi! Since going veg, I have obviously been sticking with the only vegetable sushi (not sure if that still qualifies as sushi, but it's still DELICIOUS!) I made it once, but the rice was pretty time consuming to make, and if you don't plan it out in advance (which of course I never do) you need to wait very patiently for it to cool. And I am  not patient!! Especially when it comes to eating =\

SO  I figured, why not make it without the extra carbs and sugar and just wrap up a bunch of veggies in the dried seaweed? I have to say, getting the rolls to stick without the rice was a challenge, but if you eat it right away, it's not a big deal. 

For these I sliced up orange peppers, red peppers, spinach, and cucumbers. Some other things that you could use are cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, tofu, mango, and really anything that sounds good to you! The sauce on here is spicy "mayo" that I made with one part Vegenaise and one part Sriracha. 

Unfortunately, I did not photograph any of the steps for my "recipe". You will probably need one of those bamboo sushi roller mats that you should be able to find at most grocery stores in the Asian food aisle. Do a quick search for how to roll sushi rolls and that should help you out. Any favorite veggie combos for sushi rolls?


No comments:

Post a Comment